This is a quick and easy Halloween lesson I did with my students aimed at kids aged between 4 and 10.
The lesson can be adapted for different speaking levels.
All you need is orange paper, a black felt tip marker, some sweets, and a list of conversational questions about Halloween.
Draw some cute pumpkins and write a simple Halloween message.
Give one to each student at the beginning of the lesson after they say “Trick or Treat”.
The kids make their own Halloween message
while chatting about different spooky things.
Depending on their level, ask different questions.
- Do you celebrate Halloween in your country? What kinds of things do you do?
- Do you think it is a good idea to celebrate Halloween? Why/why not?
- Do you like to dress up? Why/why not?
- What costume will you wear on Halloween?
- Do you know any ghost stories or monster stories? Tell me more…
- What is the best Halloween food?
- Do you like scary stories? Why/why not?
- Is it a good idea to go trick or treating?
- Have you carved a jack-o-lantern? Was it easy to do? Why/why not?
- Do you know any scary stories?
- What does trick or treat mean?
Here are some of the cards my kids drew.